Saturday, December 3, 2011

Growing Your Collection of Resources

In my years of teaching, I never paid much attention to the enormous amount of resources that I used. Every source available directed me to another possible source to help me and the families I serve. We must share these resources with our families. We have to make education and resources the passport to opportunities for our children.

Quotes:
Education is the key to unlock the golden door of freedom.
George Washington Carver

Tell me and I'll forget. Show me, and I may not remember. Involve me, and I'll understand.
Native American Saying


The fruit of liberal education is not learning, but the capacity and desire to learn, not knowledge, but power.
Charles W. Eliot


All of us have to recognize that we owe our children more than we have been giving them.
Hillary Clinton

Resources:

NAEYC. (2009). Developmentally appropriate practice in early childhood programs serving children from birth through age 8. Retrieved May 26, 2010, from http://www.naeyc.org/files/naeyc/file/positions/dap



Early Childhood Resource and Training center.  http://www.ecrc1.org/

Early Childhood - Improving Students Performance - Teachers-ED.gov http://www2.ed.gov/teachers/how/early/edpicks.jhtml



3 comments:

  1. I love the second quote you posted. I actually have that in my classroom to remind myself that teaching is more that just saying or doing something. It takes involvement for something to really sink in.

    Thank you for sharing these resources :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katrice, I like what you said about sharing the resources with our families. I think this is so important. I am a big proponent of giving parents the skills that they need to take an active role in the education of their children. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Katrice,

    you have made a statement that speaks volumes of the kind of character those in the education sector must possess... We must share our information with those that we work with and with those that we serve!

    Thanks for sharing that important perspective,
    Sheila Lee

    ReplyDelete