Friday, June 22, 2012

Final Blog Assignment

I would have loved to have had the opportunity to interact or conversant with an Educator form another part of the world; unfortunately, I had not response. I was blessed by the acquired great information from the alternate resources made available through the class. There were stories that made me cry from the continual suffering of children in poverty, stories that showed improvement and progress of conditions of health and education provided for children and there were so many stories about programs and advocates that are sponsoring awareness to diminish the suffering and issues children are enduring and proof of the steps that have set in place to improve issues.


We need to make people aware of the issues we are facing so that together in our partnerships we can eliminate most of the issues we face. There is always someone that has been through it before you and can give you so suggestion.  Communication is the key!! My grandmother’s favorite quote is; “You have not because you ask not” and I lived and gained so much because I learned to ask. Sometimes we have to put our pride to the side and do what is best for those around us; especially the children. So when I reflect back to what I knew before the class and what I know now, I am willing to fight more, ask more, and communicate more for the children in my community and work harder to build relationships with other interties to meet the needs of my children. Thanks to my colleges for sharing what you have gained. We have enlightened each other and supported each other in our endeavor to gain knowledge. I pray that you all reach, modify to enhance and expand on your goals and the goals for the families you serve.      

No comments:

Post a Comment