Saturday, May 5, 2012

Professional Contacts and Expanding Resources


I can now understand how our families feel when they reach out for help though our educational system and do get quick results. I have email almost every educational professional on those lists and I have not heard anything yet.





But I am determined to reach someone.  I have noticed that there are phone numbers available for some of the sites but to be honesty I can’t afford to make that call. I will continue to reach out until I find someone willing to share by email ;). Having the ability to contact and discuss concerns with educators around the world would be both exciting and informative. I can't wait to get connected.  

The National Association of Early Childhood Teacher Educators is the site that I chose because I am an Early Childhood Teacher that is always looking for enlightening information about early childhood.  Two of the eight purposes caught my attention and it was:

To advocate for improvements in early childhood teacher education

Provide a communication network for early childhood teacher educators
Both of these purposes allow early childhood teacher around the world to share ideas and obtain vital information to help them reach their goals.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Katrice,

    I, like you, have decided to continue to reach out and... to wait patiently for a response. i definitely relate to that photo posted on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katrice,
    Like you I also felt very frustrated when I didn't receive any responses to the people I reached out to on the resource list. So like you I decided to just wait patiently for some response, and to be optimistic. And I agree with you in regards to The National Association of Early Childhood Teacher Educators, they are definitely a great organization that is very influential in the advocacy for improvements for educators and the early childhood field. Great post!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katrice,

    THe saysing two brains are better than one goes for just about everything. I haven't had a response yet but I joined the World Play group on the http://worldforumfoundation.org they have the optional of receiving daily emails.

    ReplyDelete